Subscribe to my full feed.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Intermission

Last blog post for the semester. At least last one for me till finals are done. Not too sure what this blog is going to become after final, but one thing is for sure is that I will continue to write in it. I might move all the social networking stuff onto another domain name though. Not too sure yet, but I'll keep you posted if I do or do not.

Thank you for everyone that came to my blog, and hope you will continue to come. I think I will continue with at least one entry a week.

A conversation I overheard yesterday during lunch sums everything up pretty well. 3 older gentlemen around their 40s to 50s were talking about work, and it lead up to them talking about technology. One of them marveled how incredible it is that the internet didn't even exist when he first joined the workforce. Now he can do just about anything on it. Another said something along the line that he didn't even have a cell phone, pager or computer till 1996. The third chimed in, "everyone is on the internet these days, it's so much easier to get in touch with people." By this point their food came and they moved onto another topic, and I finished eating and left. But not before jotting down what they said on those red chopstick paper pocket wrap thing.

Actually that didn't really sum anything up at all lol, but that conversation gave me a good perspective on everything I learned this semester. Technology is changing so rapidly these days, steps in improvement aren't introduced year after year now, they're accomplished each day if not less. It's a marvelous time to be in we are, with social networking we can not only watch but participate in this era. It's great.

And that's that. Good luck on everyone's finals!

4 comments:

Jen lleras said...

Good luck on your finals Chow! Yours is the smartest blog I read sop I know you will do well. If there is a question about me on the blog let me know, that would make my day! I hope you continue to write, at least somewhere cause we will still read it. Science be praised! for the internet that is, I couldn't live without it.

Allie said...

Chow!. I will continue to visit your blog, so you gotta do this afterwards.

I learned alot from your blog about how to make the blog interesting and fun. Blog is not a journal or newspaper. I believe it has to be fun like yours!

anyway, how's it going with POM? haha good luck on that! :) see you on thursday...

Unknown said...

i never thought i would continue to write a blog after this was all done, but now im considering starting a new one to write about everyday issues and topics that interest me. i never left a comment on yours before but i have read it a few times and you definitely put a nice product out there. keep it up and good luck.

Sir William McDoogavich said...

moore's law... essentially, it states that technology doubles in capacity nearly every 18 months/2 years... just shows you how far we have come since the olden days. they say that in 15 years we would have maxed out the law, but i can't even fathom what is going to be happening in 15 years... can you remember 15 years ago? and that was just the start...