Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

(Read Last Post for class, this one is just extra extra)
Well I've been meaning to do this, especially since my blog subject is about six degrees.
Anyhow, here we go...

Peter Chow -> Kevin Bacon

- Peter Chow is the son of Edvin Chow, CEO of Exact Grow Ltd.

- Edvin Chow is friends with and partner of William Stokes, founder of Stokes Publishing Company.

- Stokes Publishing Company published and produced books for children book writer Betsy Franco. This connection would've been a stretch, if not for the fact that the books Stokes Publishing published for Mrs. Franco are books paired with calculators (these books teaches kids how to count and do math), and the calculators were produced by my father's company. Through Stokes, my dad met Mrs. Franco, and they became friends.

- Betsy Franco is the mother of actor James Franco (Green Goblin of Spiderman 3 (2007)).

- James Franco was in The Wicker Man (2006) with Diane Delano.

- and...Diano Delano was in The Wild River (1994) with none other than the extraordinary Kevin Bacon.

There we have it! 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon!

Now how did I come upon this fabulous but trivial connection? Well during spring cleaning one day at Chow's residence (spring of 2003?), I happened to stumble upon an old Christmas card. The ones with the family photo on it. This one has 3 guys on it, next to I think a Christmas tree. When I saw it I thought it was an advertisement until I saw it was addressed to my dad.

"Dear Edvin, Merry Christmas from us and the boys. Betsy & Doug Franco." (paraphrased, because I don't remember if it said Merry Christmas, best wishes, Happy holiday, or a combination of)

Now it wouldn't have been anything, if the guy in the middle didn't look awfully like James Franco. At the time Spiderman (2002) is still fresh in my head ya see, especially since I'm, though I don't like to admit it in public, a fanboy. So I hustled over to my dad and was like:

Me: "who're these people."
Dad nonchalantly responds: "Oh, that's Betsy's boys."
Me: "Is one of her son an actor?"
Dad: "Yeah, I think Betsy mentioned it once, is he famous?"
Me: "he was just in a movie that grossed more than $400 million"
Dad: "Oh" (goes back to doing whatever he was doing)

Now I knew my dad has a friend named Betsy from California that he did business with, I never knew she was James Franco's mom. At this point I'm pretty much in full fanboy mode, and went online and told all my fanboy friends. "HA, I is connected to Green Goblin yo! BOOYAH!" (This was 5 years ago btw, I'm slightly more mature now. At least I don't say booyah as loudly anymore.)

As for proof? I'll need to find the card, which is in the abyss known as my closet, but when I do, I'll update this blog post or something.

That's it for now, back to the grind. Happy October 29th everyone.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so cool!

Allie said...

Emperor(i decided to call you emperor as well haha)! your blog is always chill! and You really are connected to Kevin Bacon! Wow!

Map Finder said...

Hey Emperor...

Your post rocks!! I love the connections, and the fact that it's your second post this week. I like seeing second (or third) posts because I feel that students who write them do so not out of obligation but rather because they're truly interested in the material and its association with the content of our class. So thanks, and your post was very interesting!! I got very excited with it.


くない
かった
くなかった

ついたち
ふつか
みっか
よっか
いつか
むいか
なのか
よおおおおおおか。。。。

Muahahaha.... :P